One-on-One Life Couching
WHY COACHING IS CRUCIAL FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS?
It’s the big dream for many of us — owning our own business.
And why wouldn’t it be? After all, when you own your own business you no longer have to answer to anyone! You’re the boss. You get to do exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it. It’s an exhilarating and exciting feeling.
Of course, there are always two sides to everything. In order to experience that freedom, you must be able to survive as a business entity. Easier said than done. Statistics on small business consistently show that more than a third fail during their first year, and close to nine out of ten fail before their tenth year.
And what sends them to their demise? According to Dun & Bradstreet, over 88% of all business failures are related to “management mistakes”.
Yikes! As Pogo, the famous cartoon character of years ago, used to say, “We have met the enemy, and he is us”!
The problem is that while most owners are smart and have good experience, skills and abilities in key areas of their businesses, few have any training in the fundamental skills required to run a small business or professional practice. As a result, they are quite susceptible to making all kinds of mistakes.
You’re probably aware of some of the classic types of mistakes that can put a company out of business, such as not having enough financial reserves or not having a good plan to market the business.
- 1 hour
- 1.Reduce isolation by getting an outside perspective
- 2.Gain a sounding board and accountability partner whose only agenda is your agenda
- 3.Get clarity around business issues and quickly get to the heart of problems
- 4.Help develop leadership skills, manage change more effectively
- 5.Get help in dealing with problem employees
- 6.Improve decision-making ability, reduce overwhelm, re-establish balance
- 7.Address productivity or profitability issues and make more money
- 8.Develop a simplified business plan to guide decision-making
- 9.Get help with goal setting, organization and time management
- 10.Develop structures and systems to stay focused on top priorities/li>
- 11.Get help with personal blind spots and self-defeating behaviors
- 12.Get a start-up business off the ground